Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Bread and Butter Jalapeno Pickles-Refrigerator Pickles

Here's a great burger and sandwich topper-Bread and Butter Jalapeno Pickles. I used my favorite easy Bread and Butter Refrigerator Pickle Recipe HERE but only added jalapenos, no cukes. They stay crisp and are milder since I take out the membrane and seeds, or leave 'em in-you know your crowd:@) If you only try one pickled 'peno recipe, this is the one I recommend folks!
Pin It
I had 5 big jalapenos so these measurements are what I used for this batch.
Click the original post for a larger amount, just sub jalapenos for all veggies except onion.
If you like sweet mild heat you will love these folks-I'm eating them like M&M's!
Follow on Bloglovin

Bread and Butter Jalapenos-Refrigerator Pickles
1 1/2 C sliced jalapenos, 1/4" thick-I cut the memebrane and most of the seeds out
1/4 C onion, sliced
1/2 C sugar
1/4 C vinegar-I used cider vinegar
1/2 tsp celery seed
3/4 tsp salt
  1. Mix everything and let sit on counter until it makes enough liquid to cover the peppers (a couple hours). Give it a stir or shake every once in a while.
  2. Store covered in the fridge, the flavor is best after a couple days.
  3. Note to self: use the jalapeno knife to clean them!
Add a little sweet heat to your BBQ and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:
The Inspiration Exchange
Full Plate Thursday
Unlimited Monthly Link Party

25 comments:

  1. I'm making these Lynn to add to our hot dog and hamburger bar this weekend! Thanks for the recipe! Hope you have a delicious 4th :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would definitely spice up a 4th of July picnic.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, bread and butter pickles with a kick!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. These would be terrific on burgers! Yummo! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pined this so I have it for when my Jalapenos are ready to pick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh YUM! Gotta try these. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lynn, all things look yummy here. Especially the corn and kabobs. xo, olive

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lynn,
    I love the pickles and will be making these, great recipe. Thanks for sharing!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a seriously cool way to use jalapeƱos. I think I have a 100! I was going to pickle them but I think this is a really nice alternative. Thanks for sharing it. I am going to pin it.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love bread and butter pickles and your spicy ones sound amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love bread and butter pickles, Lynn, so I know I would love these, too. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lynn,
    I pinned these right away, they look so good, we will sure enjoy them. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great week!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm slowly resurfacing to catch up with my blog buddies, Lynn! I love this idea! I am growing some hot peppers in the garden this year and am pinning this to my canning board!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations!
    Your recipe is featured this week on Full Plate Thursday. Have a great weekend and enjoy your new Red Plate!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Finished product in the refrigerator now! Can't wait to try them in a few days! They smell delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Replies
    1. The freezer pickles I've made all call for a lot more sugar, so I wouldn't try it.

      Delete
  17. CAN YOU CAN THESE? INSTEAD OF PUTTING IN THE ICE BOX? I HAVE A LOT AND WANT TO PUT THEM UP FOR WINTER

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, this is not a canning recipe. There are a few canned 'peno recipes on the blog (pickled hot, sweet and jelly), they can be found on my sidebar where it says 8 pickled jalapeno recipes. Other than that I just sub them for green peppers in relish canning recipes and we really enjoy that:@)

      Delete
    2. add to your tuna or egg salad ...oh so good!I turned them into jelly too, baste on salmon & chicken on the grill.Yum!

      Delete
  18. Thanks so much for linking up with me at my #UnlimitedMonthlyLinkParty 13, open June 1 to 26. All party entries shared if social media buttons installed.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Is there any reason this recipe can't be water bathed....it has ACV

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to that, it was written up as a fridge pickle. Maybe someone else will see your question and can help.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!