Thursday, April 27, 2017

Mint Julep Tea for The Kentucky Derby

Get your fancy hats ready folks, the Kentucky Derby is May 6th this year. In honor of that, this Mint Julep Tea would be a nice smooth drink to sip during the festivities. Had to chuckle, that's the lone survivor of the mint from the yard for now... I have a new lawn guy this year... Bet it smelled good while he was mowing:@) If you'd like to skip the alcohol, just add the mint and maybe a pretty slice of lemon.

If you're looking for a middle price point bourbon, my son recommends this brand...

And if your crowd is into a friendly little wager to add to the excitement, I posted simple block pool (with options) HERE.

KENTUCKY DERBY
POST POSITION
NAME

Mint Julep Tea-from Kohl's advertisement July/Aug 2016
~Per glass: Add lots of ice, a touch of bourbon and few sprigs of fresh mint to your favorite sweet tea recipe.

Enjoy the race and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:
Full Plate Thursday
Foodie Friday

7 comments:

  1. I like to watch the horses but that's about as far as it gets. No betting, no mint julep. Bummer. Bet it's fun to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes please, now that's the way to drink sweet tea!! Luckily mint grows quickly, you'll have to give the lawn guy a non-al tea so he can tell the difference and watch his mower 😂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I think I need to throw a derby party! Your tea looks perfect for the event. Thank goodness it's hard to kill mint---I was thrilled to see some reviving itself in the garden so I could use it to garnish our dessert last weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mint julep tea looks so refreshing, Lynn. I'm glad that the lawn guy left you a sprig of mint!! Hopefully, the mint will quickly recover, and you'll have plenty for summer. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oopsie on the mint :-( That did give me a chuckle. I'm looking forward to sipping some tea at our Derby party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You mint julrp looks refreshing. I'm a bit of a cocktail gal myself, and I'm rather fond of a nice bourbon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could say I had a lone mint survivor...we'll have to break out the Roundup this spring (after the Derby of course) My mint has escaped its pot and is off to the races, spreading like kudzu :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!